Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oxford

Sorry for the wait! I know it's been a while since my last blog, thanks for being patient with me. Since it's long over due, this update will be rather long...

A few weeks ago we decided to take our first independent excursion. We journeyed by bus from London to Oxford. From there we went on an 8 mile bike tour around Oxford. This allowed us to the the rural and country side. I really enjoyed getting outside of the touristy area of Oxford and exploring the country side. We were able to what was left from some actual castles. Needless to say, it was definitely worth the trip... Bare with the photos as I took a lot of them on a moving bike...


Me on my bike!

Lorraine, Callie, Me, Maddie

Tour Guide







I was rather intrigued to see just how prevalent the boating community was around Oxford. I learned that it is a choice and preference opposed to a forced lifestyle. People do not choose this life style for financial reasons but because it's how they prefer to live life. 





Reststop...

Cheers!







All of the houses in London with a blue plaque commemorate a famous person. This one belonged to
J. R. R. Tolkien, the author of the Lord of the Rings.


Thought my mother wouldve like this statue thing...
Reminded me of Sue at the Field Museum


In case you were wondering... apparently Oxford tortures animals...

First coffee shop in Oxford, or England...


Some of Harry Potter was filmed inside...


Recognise these stairs? (So weird how everything is spelled with an "s" and not a
"z" here...)





Decided to explore even though it was closed to tourists... Nice courtyard. 




The hill Lorraine & I climbed...


No comments:

Post a Comment