Thursday, June 13, 2013

Madrid ✈ ✈ ✈

The Best Trip Yet!

First sight of Spain

Throughout my time abroad I have have been to France, Spain, Germany, Hungary, The Czech Republic and various places throughout the United Kingdom. When I was applying for Grinnell-in-London, I had one goal for myself: See all I can, while I can!

In my visit to Madrid alone, I saw so much I do not even know where to begin! Therefore, I think I will split up the trip into three series. First I'll start with markets, museums, clubs?

St. Augustine once said, "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." The world has a lot to offer. Traveling is a way for one to learn about the world in its entirety. People are able to learn new languages as well as be immersed in new cultures and religions. 

Grinnell-in-London has allowed me the opportunity to travel abroad and become immersed in a new culture and environment. It has granted me the opportunity to learn from others first hand, as opposed to learning about different cultures and forms of governments via textbooks. Traveling abroad has allowed me grow and increase my level of independence as I approach adulthood.





No comments:

Post a Comment