Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cigar Museum


Teddy admiring some of the oldest cigars in the UK

With time running out, I have decided to take advantage of every opportunity presented to me. See all I can, while I can is still the motto. When my flatmate told me he was going to a cigar museum I thought sounds interesting, despite the fact that I don't smoke cigars. Nevertheless, thought it would be interesting. Needless to say it was!





This free Museum is located at 19 St James's Street. Many of the items on display go back to the time of the shops opening in 1787. Winston Churchill was actually a regular at James J Fox's cigar shop.  In fact they even had the very chair he typically sat in. See the photo below.






I thought it was time well spent as it was another opportunity of a life time. How many people can say they go to sit in "The Sir Winston Churchill Chair?"










Among Sir Winston Churchill other infamous customers are Oscar Wilde, British and Foreign Royalty, various actors and actresses on the  stage, in films, on tv, on the radio, and even musicians, writers and athletes.
Thought this thermostat controlled humidor was cool

No comments:

Post a Comment