Monday, September 17, 2012

Around Midnight

Round Midnight
13 Liverpool Road London, Greater London N1 0RW

     Round Midnight is a local blues bar in Islington, which is with in walking distance of our flat and located between the Sainsbury's and the Chapel Market. I was drawn into the pub by the loud blues being played, which could be heard from across the street as well as the singing voices and laughter. Not only did I hear music, but I could also distinguish that there were guitars, harmonicas, saxophones and base guitars from my hearing alone. Also, I was drawn to the space because there were many people going in and out and one of which was a classmate who was going to perform in the open mic night. My friend plays at this bar about once a week. Last week there were nearly 120 people there. I was surprised to see the diverse range of ages as I would not expect blues to be so popular amongst my generation. It was definitely a twist. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the performances. People were socializing and having casual conversations as the different bands performed. I thought it was pretty cool how everyone had an opportunity to share or contribute something. While blues is not my favorite genre, I did enjoy myself.





Zach on guitar



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your open diviersity in music. Reminds me of a conversation we once had recently. Looking forward to the next entry.

    ReplyDelete