Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mayor's Thames Festival



If you've been following my blog, you will notice all of the different festivals we've been to so far. It seems that there are multiple festivals each and everyday. The Mayor's Thames Festival took place all around the Thames. I am not sure of the purpose but I assume it has to do with the end of the summer and the beginning of Fall. Many students are just now arriving and will begin school soon. So it seems as though it was one last fun thing to do. There were many different kinds of foods, costumes and floats in the parade. Below you can see just a few in the pictures...


Zebra type costume?

Iguana type costume?

Baboon type costume? W/ her butt out... seems like it is more common and acceptable for all that public indecency.

Teddy's Chicken Paella

Fireworks w/ Aniela, Lorraine, and Teddy

Me!

Fireworks!


More fireworks!

2 comments:

  1. I love the firework photo's! Looks like way to much fun.... I think you are going to have to get back to Grinnell to rest...(LoL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you are enjoying the photos. I am really happy I bought that camera! :) And for sure. Were always busy! Just as a reminder were going to Stratford now... like headed to the train... now. :)

    ReplyDelete