Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tour of the South Banks

         
         Below are the photos from the South Banks that I mentioned in a previous post. Up until a week or two ago anything South of the Thames was a grey area. We finally had an opportunity to explore the area which was quite nice. I think the Thames is my favorite thing about London. It almost reminds me of being by the Chicago River and like the river walk that I would do on my lunch breaks over the summer. I really enjoy walking around there at night as everything lights up.

The walkable "Millennium" Bridge. It was built/opened in 2000 but was closed and re-opened in 2002 as it was very wobbly. Now the bridge is very modern with speakers that sing and even talk about the bridge. You can see St. Paul's Cathedral at the end of the Bridge. Unfortunately, I have yet to take the time to tour the inside. That is next on my to-do list.  


The original "London Bridge." Many people instantly think of the Tower Bridge of London which was the bridge where the infamous Olympic & Paralympic Rings were displayed.


Tate Modern Museum - Modern Artwork Display or Us messing around w/ a projector? I still don't get modern art...
South Bank Festival Food...
Boroughs Market... 

No comments:

Post a Comment