Sunday, September 2, 2012

Prom 57: Wagner, Berg, R. Strauss & Ravel

Earlier this week we took a class field trip to Royal Albert's Hall where a traveling orchestra from Germany played. It was a spectacular viewing. Never before had I experienced something like it before. Anyone who knows me knows just how much I love music. Can't go a day without it. It's my go to when happy, sad, nervous, etc. I have no fixed genre of interest, as long as it is not country. Although, since attending Grinnell I have been exposed to some different country artist that aren't so bad. I am always willing to give something new a chance. Prom 57 amazing, a violinist by the name of Frank Peter Zimmermann performed a solo that made me wish I had never given up the violin. The way in which some of these YOUTH musicians played their instruments was pure genius. At times it almost appeared as though it was not a solo but a duet. Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to going to the ending of the proms this weekend...





2 comments:

  1. Pictures werent allowed in many of these places and Im scolded everytime... but i will try to sneak some pics this weekend although we will be watching via TV somewhere. Heres the best I can do...


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whats-on/2012/august-26/14290

    ReplyDelete